Monday, October 20, 2008

Official

So its official. I am now Britney Dawn Hall. I am waiting for my new social security card but I got it officially changed. I am surprised at how painless it was, and by painless I mean simple. I thought the wait at the office would take forever and that they would take forever going over the documents and the forms but I only had to wait like 10 min and they just took my form, looked at my wedding license and sent me on my way. The tricky part was all that was required for my passport. I decided to get everything done for all the name changes at once, except for my drivers license. While I was in Provo I stopped at the marriage license and the passport office to get an extra copy of my marriage license, to get passport photos and to make sure I had everything filled out and done correctly on my renewal form since I have to mail it in and didn't want any delays in getting it back. That was the confusing part and the instructions I got off the internet didn't explain it all and very clearly. But the people in the office helped me get it all straightened out and I now have that in the mail. I feel like I got quite a bit done on Friday. Now its just dealing with the drivers license change when I get back next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm impressed!! It took me almost a year after I was married to get my name officially changed. Mostly because I was lazy and didn't take the time to do it.