Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Guys have it easy!
In my boredom at work while my systems were down I decided to print out the applications I need to change my name with various government agencies and man do they ask you to jump through hoops. One form said I need to have 3 different forms of id, stand on my left foot and recite the alphabet backwards. Ok, so not that bad, but pretty close. The forms for changing my passport are the most confusing. Hopefully I have the right forms and they don't decide to keep my old passport cause I used the wrong form and then I have to start all over and then I don't get my passport and I can't travel. I thought it would take me a while to get to the point that I was ready to legally change my name but I am ready and its time. My only dilema is I have had the last name Hillhouse for . . . . well a couple of years, and I am not sure if I am ready to drop that totally and I am not going to hyphenate it. At first I thought I wouldn't like going from Hillhouse, where its a rare name and anyone you meet is related, to Hall, where there are quite a bit more, but I am more than ok with that. I already think of myself as Hall, except for a few slips (it was weird at church to be called Sister Hall). I also want to keep my drivers license cause it still says under 21. So, yeah, I am rambling and just need to get it done. I just haven't decided if I am going to keep Hillhouse as part of my middle name or drop it altogether. I just need to decide cause I need to get things going as soon as we get back from Florida. Then there are all the little tiny places that I need to change my name with and remembering all the places won't be easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment