Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Work
My job is not like any other job I have had. I have real responsibilities and what I do can have an effect on other's jobs. Most days I like my job, I actually enjoy it. But some days, like today, its not so much fun. My job description keeps changing. Now, part of what I do, is play the big brother. I have some reports that show me what people are doing and its broken down to the min. There is someone I work with, that is sort of a friend, we chat and are friendly, nice individual. It turns out that when this person was doing overtime during hours we were closed, they weren't really working. There were suspisions and I have to confirm their suspisions, show how little work was done and report it back. Its definitely not my idea of a good time, however, I wouldn't be in such a crappy position if people would do what they are paid to do. I don't enjoy the part of my job where the info I find results in a termination. I also just found out that because of information I found on another agent, they have been put up for termination. I am not the biggest fan of this person, but it always sucks to loose a job and its his own doing. On the other hand I have to be the responsible person in my position and follow through with what I agreed to when I took the job. I have learned that just because you are an adult in the work place doesn't mean you are going to be responsible, honest, and have ethics and because of that some of us have jobs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sucks you have to deal with that, but great that you have that much responsibility. It's very frustrating dealing with unethical people. I've often wondered why people can't just do the jobs they're supposed to without complaining
I am going to have to agree with you and Mel. I don't like un-ethical people in the work place. Me I am always having to deal with lawyers, talk about a lack of ethics. How can you defend someone that you know is guilty just to get a paycheck. That is like me taking a bribe to let someone go just so I have some extra cash. I wish this world that we lived in were much better off than it is, dealing with unethical people can be a real nighmare and it puts the rest of us in a situation that we don't want to be in when we have to be the "bad guy" and tell them how the real world is.
Post a Comment