This morning I woke up to the 2nd best site possible, it was raining and snowing in the mountains. The more I think about it I think its actually better than snow right now for the simple fact that I didn't have to scrape snow off my car or chip away at an ice build up, while freezing, before going to work. I love the winter but its bitter cold at 6am. I got to work this morning and I don't think they believe in a heater, I usually sit with a blanket wrapped around my legs and a sweat shirt on and a can of hot chocolate mix in my desk. I was making my hot chocolate this morning and realized that the miniature marshmellows that came in my hot chocolate powder were pretty pointless. When I was a kid we would always try to get my mom to get the kind that had the little marshmellows in them but I realized today that you don't get a chance to enjoy them. For me at least, they are usually melted before I am done mixing up my drink, and I am don't stir that slowly. I was just thinking how easy life was when the highlight of my day was marshmellows in my hot chocolate (I was so excited to get them I didn't really notice they melted quickly) and the worst thing that could happen was I got in another fight with my friend or a boy at school found out I had a crush on him and I was teased unmercifully. I felt rich if I had $5 and I couldn't wait to spend it on candy or ice cream. There are just the things about getting older that I was never told about that would have been a nice warning. I have noticed as I have gotten older that I now gain weight and it slowly and discretely settles around my mid section and its much harder to get rid of. I am going grey already, I thought that just grandmas and really old people did that. I def can't eat sweets like I used to, and end up sick when I try. Getting old isn't all that bad, I have a great husband, I have gotten to travel the country as well as the world, I get along with my family, for the most part, much better than when we were kids, they still pick on me just as much though. I am very lucky to have a job I don't mind and a forgetful boss who encourages vacations. Man I am rambling and kind of scattered. I do that on ocassion.
Another great thing that has happened, AFI just announced that they fnished writing their new album and are headed to the studio to get started on that part. So within the next year there should be a new cd and shortly after that they should go on tour. Their last concert I went to was one of my favorites and can't wait for another.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Welcome to real life Brit. Life is as such... When we are kids we can't wait to be grown ups so we can do more and not be confined by so many rules and regulations. When we get older we wish we were young again without the rules and regulations that we have to live with. Life hits us as we get older and get more responsibility. The best we can do is to move forward trying not to do anything wrong and keep our heads above water in the proverbial pool of life.
Post a Comment