Last night was the Metallica concert that I have been anxiously waiting for. For those that don't know, Ross stood in line to get floor tickets for over 2 hours on our wedding day, I was very concerned that he was going to be late to the sealing because they actually went on sale I think at 10:30 and he had to be to the temple at 11. Luckily it all turned out great, he got the floor tickets and was even a little early to the temple. So last night was the big show. Ross was excited to see one of the opening bands, Down, and I was there for Metallica. The show was so cool. They didn't play much from their new album, they would play 2 or 3 old, then a new, 2 or 3 old then a new. I was definitely not disappointed. I came out of there deaf and hoarse and covered in my sweat, Ross' sweat and some guy in front of me's sweat. We were so close on the floor that when James and Kirk came to our side of the stage we were like 7 feet away, I could see the details of James' scarred face. For a heavy metal concert it was pretty mellow, I didn't come out with a contact high like the first time I saw Metallica, I don't think I even smelled any pot, a little cigarette though. The funniest thing was this lady, she had to be in her 70's, grey hair, looked like a little grandma, working security at the heavy metal concert. Then while we were standing waiting for Metallica to set up there was a group in front of us, this mom, her 2 daughters, a daughters boy friend and friend. The daughters looked to be from 14 to 16. I was bored so I listened to part of their conversation and the girls were talking about a 3 some with the boy friend and the mom thought it was funny and was actually laughing. Kind of disturbing.
Today is also election day. I am not excited for this election, its like picking the lesser of two evils. There are huge things on both sides that I do not like and multiple reasons I don't want to see either of them run our country. I know my little vote won't count a whole lot in the big bucket but I don't want to loose my complaining rights for the next two years and seeing our choices my bet is there will be a lot to complain about. It will be very interesting to see the out come of this election and where it takes our country.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment