Monday, June 21, 2010

Adopt a Yard

As much as I love Ross, I don't quite understand him some of the time. Part of our front yard was some kind of weed ground cover stuff and then there was a patch where it was just dirt, where the grass had died last summer so after much deliberation we decided to till those parts up and put some sod in, I was done with seed. I had the ground tilled and ready to put the sod in when Ross got home from work. We found it was going to be slightly difficult to match the sod with the current grass and Ross was getting frustrated, he told me that I make things much more difficult than they need to be. After a couple minutes of griping and getting mad at me for making things harder than they need to be, Ross suggested we just replace the whole front yard. I had to take a moment to sit down and laugh. I made it harder and he is the one suggesting ripping out the whole front lawn and replacing it. Granted, it needs it and would look so much better, but its going to take a lot of work and more money.

As you can see there is a big difference in the old and the new grass (one part looks like a toupee and one part looks like hair plugs) and it will look so much better once its all done, but its going to be a lot of work and a bit of money. So, we think we are going to follow the example of the Adopt a Highway program and have an adopt a yard program. We are willing to take donations for time and work and donations of grass and in return the adoptees are welcome to use the yard, they can drive by and see how beautiful it is and take pride in the "ownership". I think its a win win situation. We're anxious to see how well the program goes. I think we can also put up signs posting who adopted certain parts of the yard.

No comments: