Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I've lost my mind

I can't believe I ever called yard work not so bad, I think I may have gone as far as say that it was enjoyable. I really don't know what I was thinking. No, I do know what I was thinking, I was thinking that the yard "rebuild" would be relatively easy. Since then I have realized nothing is ever as easy as it looks and turns out to be much more time consuming than ever imagined.

To date we have removed 13 trees (and have possibly 2 more to remove, but only if they are plum trees), picked up hundreds of pounds of decorative rocks,tore down and removed a play house/mice nest/garbage dump, removed over 4 garbage cans of weeds, spent over 10 hours behind the tiller and we are still not finished. Yesterday I had a section of the back yard that I wanted to finish cleaning out and put grass seed down and then the back yard would almost be finished this year. Unfortunately we came across more piles of decorative rocks and then between the piles the rocks were spread out and we are out of room to put them along the driveway and our garbage can was getting too heavy with the rocks, this set us back and we are hoping to be able to finish today. Then my back yard will be almost finished. We did plant one shade tree in the front and I want to plant a peach tree somewhere in my yard and I did find out one of my trees in the back is a cherry tree, so in a little while if anyone wants cherries they are welcome to them because I can't eat them all.

On the bright note my garden is doing really well. Even with the snow my tomato plants are flourishing and have blossoms and my peas and pumpkin plants are getting quite big. I think I lost all of my peppers and artichoke plants though. However, I am fighting birds for my strawberries. I got pretty excited cause the first couple were almost ripe and when I went to pick them they were gone. Greedy birds.

1 comment:

BreAnn said...

My Artichoke plant died too :(