Thursday, December 18, 2008

Work

Sorry but I have to vent before I implode. My job has become increasingly frustrating. First I have all of my work to do, which needs to be done in my 40 hour work week. Sometimes I finish early and do audits and such on agents that really need to be fired because they clock in for 8 hours and only work 4 but their supervisors are too lazy to do the work necessary to fire them and replace them so I continue to have extra work to do that is pretty much pointless busy work. Then the last couple of weeks a couple other people have given me some of their projects to do. They are above me and had my supervisor ask me to do them so I can't really say no, as tempted as I have been. This extra work has been taking me 2-3 hours a day to complete, which has to be done daily and sent to this manager. Then when I am done with their work, I have to hurry and get mine done and completed. So I have been having to work extra hard to get everything completed and done on time and its a little stressful and not even so much as a thank you, I don't think I ask for much. Then a manager who is above my supervisor is realizing that my supervisor isn't quite following through with his obligations and neither are any of the other supervisors. These are the supervisors that are too lazy to make their employees work or fire them, again, causing me extra work. So, this upper manager has been asking me questions about my audits and how nothing gets done from the supervisors, asks about my supervisor and his lack of follow through, tells me its between him and I and his boss, tells me not to say anything to my supervisor. However in the process of him asking me questions my supervisor walks by and so this other guy stops talking, kind of obvious that we are discussing him. Later my supervisor asks me what it was about, but I can't say anything about it so I am kind of stuck. Then, this higher up hears that my supervisor is asking me about what him and I talked about and wants to know what I told him. (very junior high) So, I have to go behind my supervisors back and if he finds out I will loose his trust and it looks like I am just going behind his back to get things done instead of to him. Doesn't look very good.

The clincher, the proverbial straw that broke the camels back, I just found out they have discontinued the promised raises in Jan. They have been talking for months about the raises we will get in the beginning of Jan and do them every 6 months. Today I just found out they are giving us a bonus for the first time ever, however, they are not doing our raises in Jan. They have been talking about how the company is doing better than ever before and making tons of money and we have reached and passed the 1 million subscriber mark and then they tell us they didn't put our raises in the budget. We get about a 5% raise but they are giving us a 2% bonus. I figured it out and my bonus is $1,000 less than what I would have made with my raise. They say if the first half of the year is good they may give us our bi-yearly raise in July but I don't have much faith in the company these days. I feel a little like Clark Griswald.

This may not make sense and may be rambling but its good to get it off my chest.

2 comments:

April said...

Ugh, don't you just hate it when everyone unloads on you, sorry to hear about your job, I feel raises are important they tax those bonuses almost 50% and then you are left with $500 instead of $1000. Crazy. Good luck with all the drama, you'd think that people would grow up but really they just look older.

Jared Hillhouse said...

I finally got a bonus this year. YEAH!!! Never got one at my last job, of course I wasn't appreciated there. Hmmmm, maybe that's why I left.

Sorry you are stuck in the middle of that crap, been there done that, hate it. Peace Out!