Thursday, December 4, 2008
Spiders!!!!!
So today I was very bored at work. An assistant manager had just left my desk, needing help on a project he is doing, I was sitting there with my headphones on enjoying some Big Bang Theory while reading/grading some emails, when I looked over and saw this large white spider coming at me. I do have a few other things on my desk that might be more interesting for a spider but it was running pretty fast towards my arm. Thank heavens I saw it before it crawled onto my arm and really gave me a scare. I don't mind spiders but I don't like it when they run at me or surprise me when I find them on my person. I played with it for a while before deciding what to do with it. I have a carniverous plant terrerium on my desk. I am attempting to grow some venus fly traps and some cobra pitchers and some other things, been waiting about 4 weeks and its not showing growth yet. It would have been a great time to have mature plants to feed the spider to. I did put it in the terrerium so it would be out of my way but it managed to crawl out the tiny air holes at the top. I didn't want it to come after me again so I had to euthanize it. I guess its better than all the other spiders I have had at my desk. Those like to go from the ceiling to my hair then dangle on a web in front of my face. I don't understand why I have all these spiders at my desk, I keep it pretty clean and I don't have any plants around. That is one of the reasons for my carniverous terrerium, hopefully it can keep the spiders away from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment