So we can happily say we are done with wedding stuff. It was fun and not as stressful as I had expected but still, we are glad to have them done. This weekend we were in Baton Rouge for the open house there. Ross' mom and family took care of pretty much everything and it turned out really very nice. I took my dress and Ross took his suit and we did a ring ceremony for his family and then we were able to change into casual clothes, which I very much appreciated. During the ring ceremony I was looking out at the people that were there for it and there was quite a few people and everyone but my family that went, Ross' mom, grandparents and great aunt were wearing LSU colors, clothes and jewelry. I hadn't realized how into football the south is. I thought it was kind of funny/cool. They had so much food there too, most of it Southern foods. I got to try some new things and it was really good. I am totally ok with embrassing the Southern side I married in to. I also felt very comfortable there. I have had friends here and people that I dated and their families weren't very open and it could be very uncomfortable but for the most part I felt very comfortable and welcome and I am excited to get to know more of his family. I don't think I have hugged so many people before in my life (we aren't huggers in this state) but it was nice and I felt like part of the family, but it will take some time before I remember names, I had a lot of names thrown at me :)
While we were in Louisianna we took my family to New Orleans which was a lot of fun. I got to see some places that I hadn't seen before on other trips and I got to experience some other new foods. I used to never try new foods but I have learned to like to try new foods and man did we eat this weekend. I got a chance to try to try a lot of new things and I could attempt to tell you what they are but would totally butcher the spelling and no one would know what I am talking about. My parents really enjoyed themselves and felt very welcome and are now thinking of going out to Mardi Gras. I never thought in my lifetime I would see my parents going to Mardi Gras. It was a very fun trip but its also good to be back home and now its time to get our apartment in order and get back to real life for a couple weeks before we go to Florida.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I bet it is such a relief to have all that done and over with. I know how you feel!
Post a Comment