So this week is almost finally over and Sat is almost here, the day that I have been anticipating for the past 6 months. But the week leading up to it has been crazy. As those of you who have planned weddings know what the week before entails and how busy it is you may understand. On Monday I had wedding things to do, which Ross has been very patient about, but I was unable to do anything. About noon I ate my lunch and very shortly after I got some very bad stomach cramps, they almost felt like gas pains or hunger pains. I tried to fart, which wasn't happening, I tried to eat more, which didn't help. The pain just got worse and worse and by 5 I was on the couch doubled over. By 7:30 it hurt so bad I was in tears. Ross, being the amazing guy that he is, called my dad over to give me a blessing and my parents fearing that it was appendecitis or worse felt I needed to go to the ER. It was hard to get to the ER cause I was in so much pain I couldn't breath or walk very well. I have never felt pain like this in my stomach and really wasn't excited about the ER. When we got there I warned them that I was getting married on Sat and going to Mexico on Sunday and that whatever was wrong they needed to hurry and find it. 4 hours later and many testes, x-rays and ultra sounds later they still couldn't find anything and sent me home with lortab. On a bright note, when they were putting the IV in my arm the nurse stuck the needle in my arm and didn't cap it fast enough and I was gushing blood. It was pooling in my elbow and running down my arm and the sheet I was on was drenched, that was kind of cool. The whole night Ross was great and stuck beside me and got me more pain meds and blankets when I needed it. So, I have been trying to get caught up and getting wedding stuff done this week. But I still haven't been stressed, which is kind of weird considering all that needs to be done. Its been a fun week, over all, and a week full of lasts.
I have also been watching hurricane Ike. Not too encouraging. Yesterday when I was watching the http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5day?large#contents it showed Ike was projected to hit Dallas Sunday a couple hours before we land there for our layover. I have been teasing Ross that we will have to stay here and end up back at work Monday. But looking this morning the projected path has shifted East, which is a better thing. It looks like it still might hit Dallas but it is no longer a direct path. So, hopefully things work out. I have learned from a friend at work that even if you have to be cut out of your dress at the temple and your cake falls over its ok, it gives a good story, so whatever happens happens, I can't control everything and I am not sure I want to, I want to enjoy the day.
So, its my last day at work until after the honeymoon and so I am not too excited to get to work but I probably should so I can leave sooner. Ross is already asking me to leave and I have been here for 34 min :) So the sooner I get done the sooner I can leave and enjoy the festivities.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment