Its been a very busy week and a half since I last updated this. We have been a bit busy with wedding and honey moon stuff. Both of which turned out amazing. Even though it ended up being darker than planned the reception turned out just like I wanted, its what I had been planning for. The weather for the most part cooperated as well, it was a little chilly but not too bad. The lovely family that we have totally trashed my car. I am sure we will be picking confetti shards out of my car until we get rid of it. But it was a great day, I now get Ross for eternity and that is a very exciting thing, I may wonder about it later :) but its a very good thing.
On Sunday morning we flew to Cancun Mexico. I always forget how bad humidity is until I am in it. I could feel it a little in the Dallas airport during the layover but got hit hard when we walked out of the airport in Mexico. I was very excited for the hotel in Mexico cause its so fancy and we hadn't stayed in such a fancy hotel before. When we checked in and went to our room Ross was going in first and he put the key card in the door and opened it and I could see a little past him and there were things on the bed. Ross backed out and closed the door, a little concerned cause they gave us the key to someone elses room and they had their clothes out already. To get to our door you had to go through another door, then a short hall with two rooms off it and one was ours, so we tried the other door next to ours. We tried ours again and looked closer and the hotel had turned the bed down, laid out robes and slippers for us and had mints on the pillow. Again, way more than we are used to. The room had a huge king sized bed with feather pillows, feather mattress cover, tile floors, Ipod player. The shower was amazing too, it was very big with one of the shower heads in the ceiling that feels like rain and some other water attachements too, complete with a naked lady etched on the shower door. We were looking over the mini bar prices and freaked out, $200 for a package of hat, $150 for a bottle of water, then we realized that was probably the price in pesos. We didn't get a lot of pictures while we were there cause the activities we did we weren't able to take a camera and if we weren't on an activity we were chilling in the pool, the ocean or the room, not too exciting, but relaxing. On Mon we just chilled and on Tue we did this jungle zipline thing. We went ziplining through the jumgle, we even got to try it upside down for a part, a lot of fun, then we mountain biked through the jungle to a big hole in the ground full of water where we did cliff jumping then they fed us lunch and took us back to the hotel. On Wed we got to take wave runners out and play a little on the way to snorkeling. Snorkeling was a lot of fun, it did make me want to get scuba diving again, which Ross wants to get certified so that is a huge bonus. We came home Thur, we were both ready to be home where it was cooler and drier.
Friday was so much fun. Neither of us had to work so we went to Ikea and had a shopping spree with some of the money we got for our wedding. We got some much needed furniture and accessories. It was so much fun having money to spend and we both have pretty much the same tastes. Then we spent the rest of the weekend putting things together and trying to clean up the apartment and find space for the new things and be ready for this week.
We both had to come back to work and its going to be a short week, sort of. We are going to Louisianna on Thur for the open house there and I get to meet the rest of Ross' family. I am just hoping the humidity isn't too bad.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The weather guys says it will be cooler than normal (highs in the low 80s daytime and low 60s at night) and lower humidity. You'll still need to bring your flat iron, but won't have to use it when you change out of your wedding dress at the open house.
Met with the aunts and grandma yesterday to finalize the plans. The ring ceremony will take place with you two in the gazebo and the guests standing under the oak tree in the shade. There'll be lots of tulle and ribbon. No candles, though. Lots of food inside. People can choose to each inside or outside.
Post a Comment