I'm a little sad that my cake classes are over. It was only 4 weeks long but I learned a lot in those 4 weeks and want to find another class to take. For our final class we were supposed to do a cake from start to finish, but considering the amount of time it took Bre and I to do the last cake we did I wanted to have enough time to try some things and practice my butter cream roses while having help from the instructor, so I frosted, covered and layered up my cakes before class. However, everything that could go wrong did. My house was so hot the butter cream frosting was melting as I put it on the cake, then I ran out of frosting and had to make more, and found out half way though that I was missing a key ingredient, then the fondant was not holding up like it should with the heat and then the fan caused it to dry out to fast as I was stretching it on the cake so it didn't stretch right. But all in all I think it turned out ok.

This is one of my butter cream roses. There is so much you can do with piping, I wish we had more time with it.


1 comment:
Beautiful!
Post a Comment