Its been quite a learning experience being a first time parent. I wouldn't trade it for anything though, he is such an amazing little boy.
* Always, and I mean ALWAYS, carry an extra shirt for yourself in the diaper bag. It never fails, when you are out and about and not able to get home, and wearing a white shirt, that is the time the diaper will leak and you will have mustard colored poo stains on your shirt the rest of the day.
*Of course always carry at least one change of clothes for the baby. If you don't have a change of clothes for him that's the time his diaper will explode leaving you with a naked baby (which is better than leaving him in poo covered clothes)
*Check the diaper bag before you leave the house to make sure there are diapers in it. If not then he may have to end up wearing one of his cousins diapers that are 3 sizes bigger than he wears and will hit him at the knees (which can also leave more room for a blow out and a need for extra clothes for everyone involved).
*When changing diapers have the new diaper open and ready to put on before you start to undo the old diaper, unless you like cleaning walls and changing tables. (and putting your hand down there really doesn't stop much and then your hand is a mess)
*When you are bathing the baby and your husband is holding the tub precariously over a sink while rinsing olive oil out of the baby's hair don't shriek when you said a fountain going from the baby, clearing the side of the tub, clearing the counter and making a puddle on the floor and on your husbands shoes. Both the husband and the baby will be startled and almost jerk the tub into a dangerous situation.
*If you have a dog and a diaper genie make sure the diapers are not hanging out at all. Its hard to get mustard colored poo out of the carpet.
*Never make plans. Things will go smoothly until you make plans. The baby will be peaceful and sweet until you make plans. If you do make plans it always takes longer to feed the baby than normal and he will never sleep like he normally does in the carrier. (but he is well worth it)
*Babies are great to get you out of sacrament or Sunday school. He also provides great entertainment when the lessons are a little dry.
*I may have been home for the past 12 weeks but was not able to find the time and energy to do everything I wanted to with my blog and things around my house. I just have one child but he takes a lot of time.
*I have been told by many mothers that they wished they had taken more time with their kids when they were small instead of stressing over a clean house. I think this is one of my favorite things I have learned. My house isn't totally gross and messy and I get to spend time with my little guy and I could spend hours talking to him so he smiles and laughs at me and listening to him coo and the facial expressions that go along with it. He is so expressive.
Not to be cheesy and cliche but I am loving being a mom and love the time I get to spend with this little guy and with my husband. I love my little family and, even with all the drama going on with work and jobs, I don't regret it one bit.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment