Whenever I leave the room with the baby Havoc is right there with me or if I leave the baby in the room he will wait in the room by the baby until I come back. If the baby is in his bassinet in my bedroom and starts to cry Havoc will go in, push the door open and stand on the bed so he can check on the baby. Usually its not a big deal unless I am trying to put Ryder to bed. Every time we come home Havoc has to check in the carrier and make sure the baby is there and that we brought the baby home. If he doesn't know the person very well and they are holding the baby he will sit right there next to them to make sure the baby is ok. We have also noticed that he is a lot more aggressive when we go for walks with all of us. We tested it out one night and Ross and Havoc went on their walk and Ryder and I walked the track and met up with them. Havoc was not aggressive at all when we weren't there but as soon as we met up with them Havoc was aggressive towards any male we passed and all cars. It will be very interesting to see how things are when Ryder gets bigger.
Friday, September 16, 2011
My Guard Dog
When I was pregnant we were wondering how Havoc would react to the baby. We watched him play with my niece, who was only crawling, and he did really well, but she wasn't going to be living with us. We also wanted Havoc to feel like he was still part of the family and not left out so when we brought Ryder home we let Havoc check him out. He was really curious and sniffing then didn't seem to care. That is until Ryder started to cry. The first time Ryder really started to cry Havoc tried to get between me and the baby and was trying to lick him and comfort him. He grabbed his shirt and tried to drag him away and comfort him. For the first couple of days he thought he needed to comfort the baby any time he cried. Luckily he has calmed down a little and no longer feels the need to comfort him when he is crying. But he has become very protective, its actually pretty cool. I noticed it the first time when I had Ryder laying on the floor and I had to run downstairs to get something from the dryer. This is what I came back upstairs to.
Whenever I leave the room with the baby Havoc is right there with me or if I leave the baby in the room he will wait in the room by the baby until I come back. If the baby is in his bassinet in my bedroom and starts to cry Havoc will go in, push the door open and stand on the bed so he can check on the baby. Usually its not a big deal unless I am trying to put Ryder to bed. Every time we come home Havoc has to check in the carrier and make sure the baby is there and that we brought the baby home. If he doesn't know the person very well and they are holding the baby he will sit right there next to them to make sure the baby is ok. We have also noticed that he is a lot more aggressive when we go for walks with all of us. We tested it out one night and Ross and Havoc went on their walk and Ryder and I walked the track and met up with them. Havoc was not aggressive at all when we weren't there but as soon as we met up with them Havoc was aggressive towards any male we passed and all cars. It will be very interesting to see how things are when Ryder gets bigger.
Whenever I leave the room with the baby Havoc is right there with me or if I leave the baby in the room he will wait in the room by the baby until I come back. If the baby is in his bassinet in my bedroom and starts to cry Havoc will go in, push the door open and stand on the bed so he can check on the baby. Usually its not a big deal unless I am trying to put Ryder to bed. Every time we come home Havoc has to check in the carrier and make sure the baby is there and that we brought the baby home. If he doesn't know the person very well and they are holding the baby he will sit right there next to them to make sure the baby is ok. We have also noticed that he is a lot more aggressive when we go for walks with all of us. We tested it out one night and Ross and Havoc went on their walk and Ryder and I walked the track and met up with them. Havoc was not aggressive at all when we weren't there but as soon as we met up with them Havoc was aggressive towards any male we passed and all cars. It will be very interesting to see how things are when Ryder gets bigger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Haha cute. Havoc and Ryder will be bestest buds when he gets older. You were worried about Havoc feeling like he was replaced, but I think you just got replaced :)
Post a Comment