Monday, November 14, 2011

Like A Champ

On Saturday we took Ryder swimming for his very first time.  We researched pools within a reasonable distance from our house, found one that was heated, got him a swim float so he could safely enjoy the water and off we went.  We got there, got him dressed and ready to go.  When I got out to the pool Ross met me at the door and said we can't use the floater for Ryder.  No floatation devices allowed, but they had life jackets we could use.  Ryder is not yet big enough to safely wear a life jacket.  But it was OK, I was just going to hold him.  Then I got in the water.  There is no way it was the promised 90 degrees.  It was pretty cold.  It wasn't too bad for me but I was concerned about how Ryder would take it, he fusses when his bath water isn't warm enough.  But he did great.  We ended up in the 0 depth kiddie pool just sitting.  Ryder sat between my legs, leaning back and with his butt floating.  Towards the end he started to relax a little and was kicking his legs trying to figure out what he was in and what he could do.  We are going to take him a couple more times this winter so he gets used to it for this summer.
Doesn't he have such a cute little gut?

No comments: