Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Blog-apoloza

Its been a while since I have blogged.  I could make excuses but I have just not done it.  I have read and kept up on other people's blogs and I have been thinking about blog posts that I need to write but I just haven't done it.  I have been meaning to do monthly updates on Ryder and during the day I would rather spend my time with him than to blog and when he is in bed, well, its not on my mind.  So, this is going to be a super long blog and it will just be a bullet blog.  Sit back, here we go.

4 month update
  • On November 28th Ryder got his first tooth, and then a week later, exactly, he got his 2nd tooth.  I was afraid it would ruin and diminish him being a baby but he is still just as cute.  I didn't realize how long it would take for them to grow, 2 months later they are still not in all the way.  Which I am more than ok with cause he is a biter and those little teeth are super sharp.
  • He was so close to rolling over, I thought for sure he would by the end of the month.  He would roll onto his side and stretch out and be so close but just not go all the way. 
  • He was learning to use his hands and to grab at things.  He had a very good hand to mouth reflex.
I know a lot more happened this month but I am a slacker and haven't kept track and need to be much better on keeping these up.  Maybe I can make that a resolution for this year.

5 month update
  • This month Ryder got his first airplane ride.  H was such a champ.  On the flight to Louisiana he slept most of the way, thank heavens.  All the other flights he did pretty good too, especially considering he was so off his schedule.  He had his first hotel stay and his first time at Disney World.  He was pretty patient while waiting for rides, as long as he could people watch.  He was able to go on the haunted house, Peter Pan, Nemo and the people mover. 
  • Ryder finally rolled over.  He did it once from his stomach to his back and once from his back to his stomach.  I don't think he realized how he did it since he has only done it a couple of times.  His favorite time to try to roll over is when I am changing him or getting him dressed. 
  • He discovered he can get his feet into his mouth.  I have to change his socks occasionally because they are so saturated in saliva and his feet would freeze.  It also makes it very hard to change him because as soon as he is on his changing table his feet go into his mouth and its hard to unfold him to change him or dress him.  A couple times I took his socks off when changing him and the look on his face was priceless the first time he got his bare foot in his mouth.  His tongue and lips were carefully touching the toes and his eye brows were knit in confusion.  I just laughed and laughed which furthered his confusion.
  • He also got sick for the first time in this month.  Before we left for Christmas we took him into the doctors.  He wasn't congested but sounded very hoarse.  And when we got back from Christmas he was back in the doctors with an ear infection.  That one wasn't fun but he really loved his medication. 
  • I think my favorite part of this month was his laughing.  I spent so much time getting him to laugh and just sitting and listening to it.  The best sound in the world. 

No comments: