I have a few more pictures to post in the effort to document my pregnancy and this journey Ross and I have started on. We are now connected to this little guy for the rest of our lives. Its kind of daunting, and I am sure we will make plenty of mistakes but hey, that's our right as parents.
Its a little hard to see from the picture but he is very clearly a boy and he has no qualms showing it. I did verify that it is indeed his little boyhood and not the umbilical cord, sometimes you have to be very sure on these things. We are pretty excited and are already planning his little life in great detail to make sure he is a great success, what a lucky kid, he won't have to worry as long as he follows our plan. We did have nursery decorating ideas and everything figured out for a girl, Ross was very sure it would be a girl, but we are flexible and hadn't bought pastels yet so I think we are safe. I am still amazed that we were able to create another life and that this little human is inside of me. I wonder if the surreal feeling will ever fade?
I had to do a bump picture for a couple or reasons, 1) who goes through their first pregnancy without at least one of these and B) I needed to see how big I really was. Which I might add I was a little surprised that I was as small as I am. All I generally see is the view from the top and let me tell you, it looks massive. When I look down it looks about 3 times bigger than it appears in the picture, that and its starting to get in the way when I move. My dog likes to use it as a little perch so he can get a better, higher view of the area before jumping off to get a toy, bringing it back and getting cozy on my tummy. I don't know if this is something that I will ever get used to, and along with getting big comes the people factor. I don't have random strangers coming up and touching my belly yet, but people do look at my belly before they look at my face. That does get kind of annoying.
Another funny happenings these days is the baby loves to kick up a storm while I am at work, he is still pretty low and I think he gets cramped when I sit down and he is trying to kick and make space. When I am at home he kicks some but not as much and when he is kicking I try to get Ross' hand really quick so he can feel it. He can be kicking for 5 min straight and the second Ross puts his hand on my stomach he will stop kicking until Ross removes his hand. Ross kept his hand on there for 10 min and nothing until his hand was removed. We better not have a defiant child.



No comments:
Post a Comment