I must admit, I am pretty terrified and have no qualms admitting it. This up coming trip to the Big Apple has me really concerned and not really too excited. I guess I can put my disclaimer here: when we planned the trip, 7 days of walking through the city, going up and down stairs for the subways and no naps, I was supposed to be due at the end of Aug and now am due at the beginning of Aug. That means I will be farther along than originally planned and being farther along equals being more uncomfortable in my own body. Then add to it all the walking we will be doing and all the steps to get in and out of the subways. I don't know how common it is to feel the way I do or if I am a big sissy but something is always in pain, everything between my knees and my ever expanding waist. Most of the time I can deal with it but it gets excruciating after being on my feet for over an hour and I don't think it would be worth the money we spent to just spend one hour in the city and the rest of the day in our hotel room. I have been doing water aerobics 3 times a week and I think I need to step it up and through more walking in my daily mix. I have been trying to get out with my dog but those are short, wimpy walks. I have decided to put more effort into it and bust through the pain, I think I am going to make walking a part of my day and put more length into it, I know my dog will be happy about that one. I figure I have a track a block away from my house and a pass to the rec center, I have no excuse not to get out and move.
Along with my walking I drag Ross with, he is usually willing and supportive, and I have been trying to condition him to the pregnant lady pace for NYC. With his super long legs I have a hard enough time keeping up with him when I'm not pregnant so this will be a test to his patience, unless we can find a place to rent me a segway for the trip. I can imagine zipping through the city on a segway, running over those that won't get out of my way.
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment