Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No Questions about the Baby Daddy

This is def Ross kid.  Not that I have ever had any doubts but the further the pregnancy goes the more proof I get that this is Ross' child.  We had the 24 week appointment yesterday and I had yet another ultra sound.  Last time with the ultrasound to find out the gender he wasn't cooperating for the tech to see the heart and she said she is really particular with the heart, which considering my family history I was more than ok with.  So we went in for another ultra sound yesterday before seeing the doctor.  The heart is ok and it was really cool to be able to see the 4 chambers and watch it pump.  She then decided to do a measurement just to see how big he is and make sure he is still growing like he should be.  On the bright side he is developing correctly.  The not so bright side is he is much bigger than he should be.  The tech was amazed at how big he is.  She said he is very close, if not more than 2 pounds at this point, when he should be no more than about 1.5 pounds.  With his measurements she said it changes the due date to July 24th, they will keep the due date as Aug 4th but its possible that by size it could be a couple weeks earlier.  This makes me feel a little better only because I have gained a little more weight than I probably should have at this point, which they explained was most likely due to the size of the baby.  I don't know if that explains all the pain I constantly have but I'm going to pretend it does.  I just hope he slows down on his growing, I am praying for a nice healthy 8 pound baby.  It is pretty exciting and honestly pretty cool to see this little thing in my stomach.  Each ultra sound just amazes me and to see him really taking shape and his movements inside of me.  I can really feel them now but to be able to see them.  When they were trying to get a listen to his heart beat yesterday he was kicking at the ultra sound wand.  Last time we could see him practice his mouth movements, he looked like he was chewing with his mouth open, and yesterday he was bent in half with his legs above his head, he looked like a professional high diver.  I can't wait until we can see more of his facial features, I wonder who he will look like.

1 comment:

BreAnn said...

What a relief, I was really concerned he wasn't Ross's! :) He is going to come out the size of a toddler!