Monday, March 28, 2011

Highs and Lows

I have been told many times by different people that I need to document my pregnancy for future pregnancy information.  I have been thinking about the high parts and the low parts and honestly there aren't very many highs.  Maybe I just need to find the best of a bad situation and look for the positive.  So, this may be like 5% complaining and like 80% for my future reference.

Low:  My back and hips, and pretty much anything between my lower back and knees, are constantly in pain.  After much struggle to stand up walking is pretty painful.
High:  I get to spend quite a bit of time on my couch reading while I sit/lay on a heating pad.

Low:  My feet are already swelling up, at 21 weeks and in the cold part of the month, causing my feet to hurt and my toes to feel like they are going to be ripped open
High:  Again, I get to spend quite a bit of time on my couch reading while I lay with my feet elevated above my head. 
Low:  I am out of things to read and am desperate for something to do during this time.

Low:  Maternity clothes are really very expensive, well, for anything cute that is.
High:  I was given a lot of clothes from a friend that has helped a lot.
Low:  My butt has gotten so big that I can't wear most of the pants I was given so I have had to buy some some items.
High:  I love the maternity pants that do fit, they are comfy and I don't have to worry about my pants fitting too tight on my gut.  I may continue to wear stretchy waisted pants even after the baby is born.  Plus I never have to worry about doing up my pants or making sure my zipper are up.

Low:  Sleep is already painful and I don't get much of it due to the pain.  I have to roll over regularly or it hurts, but it hurts my back, hips and groin to roll over.
High:  My husband has started helping me roll over and adjust while he is asleep.  Who knew he would pick up on such helpfulness in his sleep. 
Side note:  He is usually very helpful, without realizing it, but one night I was trying to roll over and in his sleep he thought I was trying to get up so he was trying to push me out bed.  I had quite the struggle to stay in bed and not end up in a pile on the floor.

Low:  I still have to eat every couple of hours and drink a lot of water to keep feeling ok.
High:  The food I have to eat has to be pretty healthy or I start to feel ill.  I put this as a plus because even though I am craving the french fries and ice cream I have to eat relatively healthy which should help in the weight gain during the pregnancy and the weight loss after the pregnancy, even though it doesn't always taste as good.
Low:  I really regret when I don't eat right, my body really retaliates.

Low:  I am already starting to feel like I am the size of a house, and I am barely half way through.
High:  I was told that I am glowing and look like a sweet little pregnant lady.  This comment came shortly after I was told I looked like I was letting myself go, so maybe in theory they just cancelled each other out.  I think I am going to ignore the first comment and just go with the glow.

I'm sure there are other "wonderful" things about being pregnant that I haven't yet had the joy to discover.  I hear women say they LOVE being pregnant and its so much fun and I am now wondering what they are smoking and where I can get some of it. 

1 comment:

BreAnn said...

Ha ha, I laughed all over again at the mental picture of you struggling to stay in bed while Ross pushes you out!