Monday, January 31, 2011

Spread like wildfire

I am sometimes amazed at how fast word spreads sometimes.  I think at least half my ward knows that I am pregnant and we only told like 3 people a week ago.  People I don't think I have ever talked to was coming up to me yesterday to see how I was feeling.  I was pretty confused at first wondering what they were talking about and hoping I was assuming right that they knew I was pregnant.  Don't get me wrong, I am appreciative with the concern these people are expressing, just stumped at how so many people know so quickly.  I guess I can just chalk it up to relief society, that should explain it all.

Another one of my favorites is EVERYONE, as soon as they find out you are pregnant, have to tell you how horrid their pregnancy was.  Again, I am not complaining since I like to share my woes just like everyone else, its just kind of funny.  I have also found out that as sick as I feel and as exhausted as I get doing absolutely nothing, its nothing compared to what it could be.  I have been under the impression that now that I am out of my first trimester that everything should be rainbows and stickers (everything I have read says its the easiest and everyone loves it) but I am finding that I am still sick, still exhausted and its not that uncommon to still be sick at this point.  I feel like I was lied to.  Stupid books and websites.

Along with everyone sharing their sickness woes they also like to tell you their horror stories.  Its a good thing I am hearing these things after I am pregnant since they would be a great deterrent at not having a family.  Our home teacher and his wife came by yesterday for their monthly visit and most of it was spent hearing horror stories or her c-section.  I am appreciative of the advice, since I was under the impression that c-sections healed faster and was easier on the body, etc.  There are so many things to think about and consider.  Then she heard about the tear in my placenta and uterus wall and she got me a little freaked out.  She was telling me about how bad that can be and it can only get worse and can lead to death (I didn't know it was that serious).  She isn't the first to tell me about how bad this can be and that it can get worse as the baby grows if it doesn't heal, which makes me want to do even less to make sure it heals.  I will get more info when I go to the doctors though, just to make sure I know for sure whats going on.  She left telling me to call her and she will clean my house cause I shouldn't even be sweeping and as nice as it sounds to have someone come clean my house for me I would never consider asking her to since Ross and I are both adults who should be able to keep a little house clean, and I do what I can when I'm not too sick.

Now to just tell my boss. 

No comments: