Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So insane

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I have a baby inside of me.  I mean, I knew I was pregnant but to see the ultra sound and the that it actually looks like a baby now and its inside of me.  Its so crazy.


We had to go in for an emergency ultra sound yesterday and we got to see the baby early, my appointment is in Feb.  On Tuesday I was going to get up and get ready for water aerobics and found that I had been bleeding quite a bit.  In a slight panic I called my mom to see if this was something that was normal, all I have heard that is any bleeding when pregnant is a VERY bad thing.  I called the doctor on call and found out that there is really nothing I could do.  I could go to the ER where they can charge me lots of money and they would do an ultra sound, but if I was miscarrying then there is nothing they could do or I could wait and go into the doctors office the next day and just have my co-pay and they would do an ultra sound and see if the baby was still there.  I opted to wait.  My mom came over and my dad and Jared offered to come help Ross give me a blessing.  I called first thing yesterday morning to see when I could get in and I had to wait until 4pm for my appointment, talk about a long day.  When we went into the doctors they took me right in and did the ultra sound and this is what popped up on the screen.  I hadn't expected to see such a well defined baby, I think I was expecting more of a blob, but was really happy that I hadn't miscarried.  It was just a rip between the placenta and the outer wall?  I don't remember everything she was explaining, I was too in awe of this thing inside of me.  Long story short, things are ok but I just can't do anything really physical or strenuous for the next 3 weeks.  I fear I will get bored just sitting around and that it will be harder to get back into working out after the 3 weeks.

We also found out that I was a month ahead of what was originally thought so we got a new due date of Aug 4th.  Which kind of explains some.  My pants are so snug around the waist right now, part of which is cause I am SO bloated all the time.  I have had to jimmy rig my pants and have a rubber band hold them closed cause to do them up its way too tight.  I also have to wear Ross' shirts since they are long enough to cover my rubber band pants and in case my zipper gets all the way undone you can't see it.  I have been wearing sandals for the last couple of weeks cause my feet gets so hot and if I could fit into my shorts I would probably be wearing those too.  However, considering I eat every couple of hours, sometimes constantly, I haven't gained any weight yet, just lots of bloat.

Ross laughs at the ultra sound cause our baby has no arms and the feet are kind of floating and my mom pointed out that the kid already has quite the gut.  Hopefully this kid isn't doomed from the start.

No comments: