Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Yoga
I have a friend at work that has introduced me to the interesting world of yoga. I thought it was a bunch of hodge podge. Her and Ross, back in the day, would sit and discuss yoga and moves and things when Ross was really into it and I thought it was boring and a waste of time. Time has passed and now my friend is a certified yoga instructor and she just started offering classes. Part of the classes is a discussion on different aspects of yoga and things to improve our lives and most of the actual yoga part is for relaxation and stress relief as opposed to toning. At first I went just to support my friend but I have come to really enjoy it. I have definitely lost a lot of my flexibility as I have gotten older and so its great to get limber again and to work on my stretching, but it has also affected how I think about things. I have found I want to eat healthier and it makes my other work outs much easier mentally. Last night Ross, Bre and I went to the rec center and took a class. I did much better than I thought I would. It was all the toning and the more strenuous moves and it felt really good, I was actually able to hold the warrior pose much longer than I thought I would have. Then we got to stand on our heads. I am more excited to keep this up and continue yoga with my other work outs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment