Thursday, March 19, 2009

Weekend Warrior!!

I am getting very excited for this summer. Its already filling up, but that is normal, my summers are always full and they fill up early, in fact, the summer of 2010 is already starting to get things planned for it.

Ross and I had been talking about making a trip to Jackson Hole, he broke something I got from there and promised to replace it. We figured we will only be like an hour and a half from Yellowstone and Ross has wanted to see Old Faithful so we may as well go. Ross has been to Yellowstone when we were snowmobiling but didn't get to go in and see the sites. I think it will be fun. We are also in charge of my family's family reunion this year so we get to plan and do that in June. I think it will be a lot of fun. We are going to a camp ground we have never been to before and judging by the map all the camp sites are on the beach.

I also started today, due to my boredom at work and my desire to get out, planning another road trip. This time to Mount Rushmore. I have always wanted to go and I figured, why not take a weekend. It would take 10 hours to drive there, take off after work, take a tent and things to camp along the way. I have never been to South Dakota. Then we can drive down through part of Nebraska on the way home (never been to Nebraska either). Luckily Ross is all for it. I love to travel and sometimes he isn't as excited.

Along with everything else this summer there has been a lot of talk of doing a lot of hiking around here and in Salt Lake and multiple back packing trips, nothing as far as Havasupai but things we can just do over the weekend. Man, I am so ready for summer to be here and I wish it could last longer, it always goes by very fast.

No comments: