Saturday, February 21, 2009

Temple of the Birds

On Thur night Jeff and I went out to Temple of the Birds to take some night pictures. Its out past Saltair off I-80. There is this old abandoned building and an old train car and tons of parts of an old water slide. It was really pretty cold but I got some ok pictures out of it. Jeff got some really cool ones, I just need to work with my camera more and figure more things out, oh and get a batter that won't die on me :) Here are some photos I took.

When we first pulled up it was pretty dark and from the beginning I had an eerie feeling like we were being watched and every time I looked at the left window of this building it looked like someone was there watching me. I hadn't been in the building so I didn't know what the lay out was, but it really looked like someone was there. I was trying to ignore it and not say anything cause last time we went to a ghost town to take pictures it was the creepiest experience of my life. We camped near it and I think it was Feb so it was still snowy and we hadn't been there before and it was up this canyon out past Green River and Crescent Junction, we pull in when it was light and looked around, this one was an actual house or I think it may be have been a boarding house, but this was the creepiest place ever when it got dark. Jeff, Ross and I all felt like there were people there and I took a picture and on the little screen on my camera it looked like something was up in the window. We camped a little ways down from the house in a little pull out and it was dark when we set up camp and as we were out looking for fire wood we found cow and deer bones so then we got to wondering about mountain lions, it was the time of year for them to be in the area, and we had high canyon walls that they could have dens in. Between the rain on the tent and all the other night noises Jeff and I didn't get any sleep, it kept sounding like someone was opening the zippers and creeping around camp (after this I swore of horror movies). Very long creepy night. So, after this experience I wasn't going to say anything to Jeff, didn't want him to make fun of me. We got in the train to take pictures and I still had the feeling, when I was done there I walked over to Jeff and asked "Is it just me or . . . . ." and he finished my sentence with "does it look like someone is in the left window watching us?" So we both felt it and from the same window. He assured me that there is no way someone can be up there, it was a big empty room with a stage. Jeff has started bringing his gun when we go to places like this, which makes me feel safer, especially when we are out in the middle of no where, and considering all the graffiti, people frequent it and we have expensive camera's and stuff, and we did have some odd visitors while we were there, they sat in their car and were either watching us or making out. We are planning to go out there again, just with full camera batteries.

No comments: