Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday

So, today is Ross' b-day. I caved in and gave him his gift last week when I bought it and I wanted to make sure I had something to give him. Friday when I was shopping with my mom I decided I would get him a cake. When I went to look at the cakes all of them were girly with confetti and streamers and nothing that really fit Ross. I figured if all the cakes are girly I would do it right. I got the most girly cake, complete with pink frosting, flowers and ballerinas. When I took it to the counter to see if they would put "Happy Birthday Ross" on it the lady gave me a weird look and verified the spelling. I couldn't stop chuckling and wondering if I was going make Ross mad, but figured, what the hay. The lady was pretty funny and as she was writing on it with pink frosting asked if he was secure in his man hood. When I had the cake and was looking for my mom at the store I still couldn't stop laughing and when my mom saw my face had to see the cake. The best was when I took it to the cash register and the cashier was looking at it and said "that is such a cute and fun cake, its going to make some little girl happy." She just kept going and finally I had to say, "um, its for my husband." I was still laughing. She tried to recover and say that she thought maybe Ross was a mean nickname for a little girl. Peoples reactions were priceless.


A couple times since Friday when I was with Ross I couldn't stop but laugh every now and then and he would ask what and I would have to make something up. I even told him one time that I was glad he had a sense of humor. So we went over to my parent's house for a super bowl party and I snuck the cake up and put all the candles and at half time when they came up for pizza I lit all the candles, and there were quite a few, and had my sister-in-law turn off the lights as I took it out and we sang happy b-day to him. He was very shocked and told me I suck but was grinning.







My 3 nephews were there and most of the time we were there randomly they would sing out "happy birthday Ross." Very cute, and at one point my 2 year old nephews was asking Ross "its your birthday? Appy Day." It was a very priceless surprise, and I think a new tradition has started :)

It was also the super bowl and most of my family was there for a party. My 5 year old nephew was watching the game with the adults for a while and was telling me his favorite team is the Eagles and he wants them to win :) Here are some pictures of the guys watching.




No comments: