Thursday, February 5, 2009

Blah!!

I have come to a very strong conclusion, I hate packing. I used to really enjoy it and I would start like a week in advance to make sure I have everything and just lay them out and it was an easy process but the more I have done it the less I like it. I spent the last 2 nights getting what I need and packing and last night I got extremely frustrated. I don't check luggage, I just take my backpacking back pack and to keep my clothes from wrinkling and to help save space I use the space bags, where you put your clothes in, seal it and roll it to press the air out. Last night I was finishing up my packing and putting things in my pack and I had a brand new space bag that I put all my clothes for Europe in and I was sealing it up and no matter how tight I rolled it or what I did it would leak and not work. I was getting pretty frustrated and decided to put some other clothes in another bag and rolled the air out and this one also started filling up with air. After much frustration I found little holes in a line and realized that as I was rolling the bags my wedding ring was puncturing holes in the bags in the wrong places and so they were filling up with air. So, when at walmart picking up a few last things, I got some more bags and this time I took my ring off to role it and it worked, no holes in the bag!!! I just need to remember that in the future. I guess if it can take skin off it can put holes in bags.

I leave later today for the airport to go to Louisiana and its going to be a long day. Its always very hard to work the day before or the day of a vacation. That and my regular job is null and void for a month and a half so I am helping out another dept and there is not a lot of work for me to do. My boss told me not to work so hard, which I am trying to make the work last for today. Hopefully my sanity lasts.

No comments: