Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Undecided
So, its been snowing since yesterday afternoon. I don't think it has stopped at all, it has gotten lighter but kept on falling from the sky. After work yesterday I had to dig myself out of the 4-5 inches we got while I was there and then this morning I had to dig myself out again, I think in all we have gotten about a foot of snow. Thats very unusual for Utah these days, especially considering the snow we got the week of Christmas. I remember when I was growing up this was usual, we would get snow before Thanksgiving and it would keep piling up and would start melting in March. The snows came later this year but def with a vengence. I know the snow pack in parts of the mountains are above normal and the ski resorts are loving it, hopefully this spring it fills the lakes and ends the drought. At this point of the year I can't decide if I am excited for the snow or not. I still get giddy like a school girl when it snows and I really don't mind driving in it, it can actually be fun, but its the after affect, the cold mornings and ice I have to chip off my windshield (the other day the ice was so thick that Ross broke chunks off my scraper trying to get the ice off so I could see). That and sitting at work back in my little hole I don't have access to a window and so I have to constantly get up and go to a window to see if its still snowing. I think I am ready for winter to be over and for it to warm up. I am really itching to go back packing and I can't do that till the snow is gone, or mostly gone. Other than the avalanche danger these days it does provide the opportunity to try snow shoeing, if I can get others interested in going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm totally interested in snow shoeing!
Post a Comment