Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ice Fishing

My brother Brandon has been trying to get Jeff and I to go ice fishing since before the lakes were frozen. Yesterday we finally went. We went up to Current Creek Resevoir, up past Strawberry Resevoir. The fishing was pretty much what Jeff and I expected, we caught nothing, not even a single bite or nible. The weather, however, was quite nice. Brandon brought his shelter for Jeff and I, Brandon can't sit still long enough to use the 2 man shelter. We didn't spend much time sitting in the shelter, after a while it warmed up quite a bit that we shed our coats and was just in our snow pants and sweatshirts. The freakiest thing was most of the time we were out there the ice was cracking and popping and a few times we could feel it drop a little under us. At times it was so loud and all around us, if the ice wasn't 1 1/2 to 2 feet thick I would have been out of there pretty quickly. Very unnerving.



I always forget too how hard and tiring it is to use the auger for the hole in the ice. Jeff is working on one of the holes I started while they put up the shelter.







1 comment:

April said...

Are you sure that's a shelter, it looks like a porta-potty to me, just curious.

You always have such fun excursions I am truly jealous:) I need more exciting things to blog about like you have. How fun!