The awfullness that was today started pretty early today. It all started (I am still laughing about this) about 2:34 this morning. I woke up and looked at the clock and realized Ross wasn't in bed. There weren't any lights on in the living room so I thought maybe he fell asleep in his chair again. I thought I would be the good wife and go wake him up and bring him to bed so he didn't wake up with a crick in his neck. I got into the living room and he wasn't there, I checked the bathroom (I can stand in one place and check my whole apartment) he wasn't there at all. Then he walks through the door, like nothing was out of the ordinary. I was so confused. Come to find out he had gotten up and headed off to work thinking it was 5:30 and got a couple blocks away before he realized it was 2:30 and decided he would go back to bed for another 3 hours. I did laugh a little about it when we were both back in bed and I have been laughing about it during the day and it just gets more and more funny to me. I know what its like, I used to do this quite a bit in highschool. Wake up and look at the clock and it looks like you are late so you jump out of bed and start getting dressed and then realize its the middle of the night, I was in the shower one time thinking it was 6am and my mom pounded on the door telling me it was midnight and to go back to bed. Ross' first start to the day was not the greatest.
My morning started not so good either. I got up and was getting ready for work, I was actually a little ahead of schedule. I get in my car and back out of my parking spot and get stuck. With all the ice melting there are ruts all over behind our apartment and they froze up in the night and I happened to get my front tires smack dab in a rut. I used all the tricks they tell you to do when stuck in ice and I was so frustrated. I don't know our neighbors to be knocking on the their doors at 6:10am and Ross had already gone to work and it would have taken so long for him to get there. My car was in the middle of the parking lot, blocking traffic, so there is no way I could just leave my car and get a ride with someone or walk. I was so frustrated, I sat there for over 25 min trying to get it to move, I tried to push it, tried to dump ice melter around the tires and the whole time people would come out to start their car and then run back inside. I figured I would sit and make a lot of noise and wake up the whole complex. Finally a very kind soul came out and helped me get my car out and I was able to get to work. I need to check the lease and see what they claim to do for the snow in the winter, this isn't the first time this has happened trying to get to work.
I just hope the rest of the day gets better and doesn't end in the same way it began.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I totally feel your pain! My car is always getting stuck! I hate it. One day I got stuck pulling out from home to go to work, and this super short skinny chick and this little old lady came and pushed me out. They came running over and I was like uh, they're not going to be able to help me, but they totally just pushed me right out. It was hilarious.
Post a Comment