Friday, August 2, 2013
Slow Down
My baby rolled over today. I feel like its such a huge milestone. I guess I think everything is a big milestone. Two weeks ago she got her first tooth and a 2nd one is close on its tail. I think teeth are a big deal because it changes their infant appearance and they start to look older as their mouth fill with teeth. That and I nurse so teeth can be bitter sweet. At least Scar waited until she was 5 months old to start with teeth, Ryder started at 4 months and had 8 teeth by the time he was 6 months old. Needless to say it was a very exciting afternoon in our house today. Ross was downstairs working and I was yelling down the stairs that he should be done working for the day and come play. Ryder was in his room for time out, he thinks its fun to hit. When I came back in the living room Scar was stuck on her stomach with her hands pinned under her. Ross came running really quickly and we put her back on her back. Low and behold she did it, another 2 times. I think one of the reasons it was kind of a big deal for me today is that as a working mom I was afraid my babies would do things for the first time when I was at work. I told both of them, when I went back to work, that they were not allowed to have firsts at the sitters, it had to be at home and with mom or dad watching. So far both kids have complied and I haven't had to hear about firsts from the sitter. I have been blessed with very special and amazing kids and wouldn't trade them for anything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment