I have a rare moment.
The house is quiet, I have a little energy and actually thought of my
blog. Its been a while since I have
written anything, though I have thought about it many times. Life has been a little crazy this
summer. I had a list of things I wanted
to do with the yard, with Ryder and with my little family but little of it got
accomplished. I was just too sick to do
a whole lot. I have felt really bad for
Ryder, poor little guy. He loves going
outside but with how sick I have been and how hot it was we rarely left the
living room. I lived for Ryder’s naps so
I could take a nap myself and so my house got very neglected. Now that I am feeling better I am trying to
get back on track. I still don’t have
the energy I would like but I figure a little at a time is better than
nothing. My doctor warned me that this
time it will be “worser sooner” which is unfortunately very true. So, while Ryder is finally taking a nap and I
am taking a break from cleaning I figured its about time I updated my
blog.
Ross started back in school again this fall and I am not a
fan of the schedule. I keep telling
myself its temporary and that he will be done with school sooner this way. He doesn’t get out of class until 7pm and
then he also has a Saturday morning class.
So, its just me and Ryder all afternoon.
I think now that its cooling down I will make it to the park and get out
of the house more.
Ryder had his first birthday. I still can’t believe he is a year old
already. I can’t believe how fast the
time has flown. We had a little family
bbq for his birthday and then had cake and ice cream. I debated on whether or not to make him a
smash cake and in the end I decided I need to so I threw together a little cake
for him. He was in heaven to have all
this cake on his tray. He was very excited
to learn he could lick the gooey mess from his fingers. He still isn’t really walking yet. He can, he knows how, he chooses not to. I have been able to get him to walk all by
himself down the hall and across the living room, but when he realizes he is
going to be left to walk he will drop to his knees. He has started walking between toys and
furniture, if he doesn’t pay attention.
I think he wants to do it on his time and at his pace. I’m just ready for him to walk. I have lost count of his molars he has coming
in. At one point he had 5 coming in at
once. Luckily they don’t seem to bother
him too much. He has learned that good
things come in packages and he will bring me packages and bottles to open for
him and will get very mad if I put it away instead of give him some. He doesn’t seem to have a lot of interest in
learning more words either. I have been working
with him on new words and he will laugh instead of try them, however, I have
found he is learning the meaning. The
only words he tries is moma, dada, Havoc and dog. Sometimes you can ask him what a dog says and
he will growl at you. I have heard him
growling at other dogs too. Maybe Havoc
just growls too much. I don’t know if
its just him or the age but he is a ball of energy. He never holds still unless he is super
tired, then he just wants to cuddle with me, which I love. A couple weeks ago when we went to Lake
Powell I shared a bed with him and all night long he would move in his sleep. I had to constantly pull him away from the
foot of the bed or push his feet out of my face. But he is so stinking cute and when he stops
playing to give me a hug and a snuggle its all worth it. Now if I can just get him to realize his toy
cow is not a dog.
Other than working and being a boring mom I am doing pretty
good. I started to feel the baby kick a
few days ago and we find out the gender on Oct 3rd. I’m pretty excited to see what we are having
so we can start planning. I’m hoping for
another boy, but if it’s a girl I will be just as happy. I am only 18 weeks along but I look much
bigger, I am as big now as some girls are when they are full term. I guess my body just wants to make sure I
have ample room for this baby.
You'll have to exuse the lack of pictures, my computer started acting funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment