Monday, May 7, 2012

Its About Time

Goodness it has been such a long time since I last blogged.  I have been meaning to every day and then something comes up or I am so stinking exhausted.  I could really come up with a thousand excuses, and I have an excuse every time I think about blogging.  A big reason I haven't blogged lately is I get to feeling over whelmed with all that I need to catch up on with my blog and then don't have the time or energy to sit and back track over the last many months.  So as I sit here, with Ryder finally asleep, his dinner cooking away on the stove and my living room a disaster (seriously, cleaning up after a dog who gets bored home alone all morning and a recently mobile baby can be quite the task) I figured I may as well drink some caffeine and put something down as a blog so Ross can stop pointing out that I haven't blogged in a while :)  Love that guy. 

I have been thinking recently, as life is going 90 miles a min, all that I want to remember from these past few months.  And yes, the majority of it is about my little bug.  He is growing up way to fast.  (If someone has methods on slowing him down please let me know.)  So I figured I will do some bullet blogging of things I want to remember, as long and my juices are flowing and my baby is asleep (hopefully I don't burn the carrots.)

  • by the time Ryder was 6 months old he had his first 8 teeth.  Teething for him was really pretty easy, thank heavens.  His last 4 came in all at once and he was still the same happy little boy.  I was so afraid that him getting all these teeth in 2 months that it would change him, he wouldn't be my little baby, but really, he is still the same lovable little boy, just with razor sharp teeth that he likes to sink into my shoulder.  Lately he will play with my hand and try very hard to get a finger into his mouth and he will laugh and laugh when I put it to the side of his mouth when he tries to chomp on it. 
  • this little boy has a fake laugh.  I thought he was too young for something like this, but he has his fake laugh and at times he will think something is kind of funny by try not to smile.  He will lay on the floor in the living room with his toys and do his fake laugh.  He does something every day that cracks me up laughing and this is usually one of the funniest things he does.  Sometimes when driving I will hear him in the back seat just laughing away, his real laugh, at nothing in particular.  I love his laugh, especially when I can get him laughing really really hard.
  • 2 weeks ago, at 8 months old, Ryder started crawling.  He immediately went over to the coffee table and started pulling stuff off.  Then crawled to the electrical outlet and tried to stick his finger in it.  And to think I thought he was a handful before.  He exhausts me.  He doesn't ever sit still, not even when he is sleeping.  Church is the most exhausting.  Its during his nap time and he won't just sit on my lap and play with a toy.  He has to be standing, trying to crawl over my shoulder, trying to stay in my arms but grab at his dad's tie.  I need to start looking for things to keep him entertained and quite in church.  Yesterday during the sacrament prayer he stuck his lips to my ear and yelled as loud as he could.  I may have yelled too but it was hard to hear anything for a while. 
  • Last Saturday Ryder got his first haircut.  He has needed it for a while but I have been holding off.  Finally it was time, I was tired of constantly brushing the hair out of his eyes.  The hair at the crown of his head would reach down over his nose, yeah, a little long.  The sides hung down over his ears.  I really like his new haircut, you can see his eyes much better.
  • In March we went to Disney Land with my parents and my oldest brother and his family.  It was a lot of fun and Ryder did really well.  On the drive out and back he did really well and only had one melt down each time.  Now that he was a little older it was a lot of fun to be able to take him on more rides.  He got to do almost all the rides we went on, except the really big ones.  I have always liked Disney Land but its very different taking my own family and sharing these things with my own family, even though he was too young to really care.
  • I am really blessed to have people watching Ryder while I am at work that love him.  I didn't want to take him to a day care with a lot of little kids.  I have been lucky to find people willing to watch him in their home and it makes it a lot easier to leave him knowing they love him and care about him.  The best part of my day is when I pick him up and the minute he sees me he gets so excited and his face lights up.  Then as I head to my car the baby sitters always stand at the door and yell goodbye and that they love him.  Its so nice to know that if I can't be there for him during that short time that someone will be there to love him. 
I know there is so much more that has gone on in the 3 months since I blogged last, but I am done for today and I need to get some carrots pureed and some broccoli on to steam.  I will try to get some pictures off my many cameras and share.  One thing at a time.

No comments: