Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yesterday

Man, yesterday was such a very super productive day and I am not sure I want to repeat a day like yesterday ever again. However, judging by how much there is still left to do in the yard before Summer hits I can pretty much bet on more days like yesterday. I am starting to have 2nd thoughts of being a home owner.

After work yesterday I went home to get a couple of parts of our yard ready to plant grass seed. Thanks to my wonderful hubby we now have a tiller and so it was much easier than my previous anticipation. After spending over an hour hand tilling a part of the garden to get my tomatoes and peppers in I told Ross we HAVE to get a tiller, so, we pooled out play money together to get one and I think its been the best purchase we have made in, well, in all of our marriage. In one section that I did yesterday it was covered in weeds, I hadn't taken the time to pull them all out, but with the tiller it was no problem. I just went over the weeds and tilled deep enough and then I just had to go pick the roots and weeds out of the soft dirt. I did run out of time to actually put the grass seed down, but its tilled and raked and ready to go for today.

While I was doing the tilling Ross was finishing up the dishwasher. Now, I know I have said this before, and gotten so excited for my dishwasher in the past just to come back and say its not really fixed yet, but this time, I am pretty sure its fixed. My genius of a husband, with a little help of the Internet, was able to take the dishwasher apart, find the problem, fix the problem and put the little machine back together. The culprit in all the dishwasher drama was the hose from the dishwasher to the sink. When he got the hose off you could see at least 10 inches of greasy, slimy, putrid gunk that was clogging the hose and preventing it from draining. He put on a new hose and presto blamo, the dishwasher should work. The funny guy, he was too afraid to test it himself a was saving the honor for me but I didn't get a chance to yesterday, but I have great faith that it will work today.

While Ross was finishing up the dishwasher and after I got the ground ready for the seed I had to take off. I was going to my first ever spin class, which I was pretty excited for. Ross was going to join me but our home teacher was going to come over and fix our door for us and he hadn't gotten there yet and Ross was still working with the dishwasher, which I am pretty happy to say that it works normally now, people are no longer going to get trapped in our living room. But spin class, it was so intense and such a good workout. Bre went with me and we last for 40 of the 60 min, which I was pretty proud of. My legs got such a good work out and I almost fell down the stairs when we were leaving, but I can't wait to go back. After spin class we went to water aerobics for an hour. After it all I was pretty tired and just wanted to go home and crash.

The sad part is I am going to do it all over again Wednesday, except for the dishwasher and the door. We have so much in our yard that needs to be done, but once its done it will make life so much easier and simpler in the summer, much less weeding. I did realize, this last week, as I look over my front "lawn" (I can't really call it a lawn because 75% of it is dandelions and not grass) that those noxious weeds they talk about in the bible, after Adam and Eve were kicked out of the garden, are dandelions. Those are such a pain to get rid of. One Saturday I looked out and my front yard was yellow so I spent over an hour picking the top off of the flowers before they could go to seed and make it worse. My hands were discolored from the flowers and sticky milky stuff in the stems and my back was sore and I thought it would help, until the next morning when I looked out again and saw my lawn was yellow yet again. I think I am ready for winter again, less work to do in the winter.

1 comment:

BreAnn said...

Yeah, dandelions are the worst! Sorry. You'll get there, to the point where you can finally look across your yard and see how everything finally came together and be proud!