Monday, February 22, 2010

Deflated

Saturday was such a happy day and then turned sour. It started out pretty productive and exciting and ended on a bummed note. We went to Home Depot and we were finally able to get a BBQ. I have been saving my pennies for a while to get a nice, fancy BBQ that would last and I finally had enough and they finally had the one in we wanted. However, it wouldn't fit in our car, so my dad came down and helped us with their van so we could get it home. We also looked into garbage disposals to see if we can buy the missing parts for ours to finally get it hooked up. We actually decided to just get a new disposal, it needed it anyways, and we could either buy the new part now and in a few months buy the new disposal that comes with the part we needed or just get the new disposal now, which is what we decided to do. Ross wasn't so excited about putting it in and I didn't want to deal with it so I bribed him. I told him while he puts the disposal in, which he wasn't excited for, I would cut off and hem some shorts for him, which I wasn't excited for. But we both put a couple hours into getting these things done which for me wasn't easy cause I had a puppy who wanted to "help" and pull the shorts out of my hand and run or drag me over to his leash for a walk. And I heard lots of moans and groans from the kitchen. But, we prevailed and got done and I was so excited to have a dishwasher. We ran a cleaner through the dishwasher before using it to make sure it worked and sanitize it. There weren't any leaks and everything seemed to be working, then much to my dismay the dishwasher wasn't draining. I tried the drain button on the dishwasher but no luck. I was so excited to not have to wash dishes anymore but I still have to wash dishes, but its so nice to have two sinks that work. Now when people dump water in the left sink it doesn't go to the cupboard below.

1 comment:

BreAnn said...

YAY for progress! It's so nice to get the littles things done for your house. They're like mini upgrades!