This year for Mother's Day for my grandma we went up to her house to plant her flowers, something we help her with every year, so we did that today. Its a lot of fun with the little kids and my grandma usually has tons of flowers to plant and it takes a while. This year we found a system for planting and it went pretty fast and we didn't have to wrestle trowels from the little kids. The hardest part was keeping my grandma in her chair. She likes her flowers planting in particular places and at 96 she can't really get down and show us, but she sure wanted to try. We had 3 of us planting and the 3 little boys were supposed to bring flowers to certain people and it moved very fast and we were done in record time. These are some pictures of us planting, and in most of the pictures my grandma is trying to get in there and help.
Zach was bringing me flowers and helping me plant and was so funny. He was trying so hard not to step on flowers but for almost every flower he helped me plant he stepped right on the flower we had just planted. Luckily he isn't very heavy and I am sure the flowers will be fine.
When we were done planting flowers we just played around in the back yard. Nate and Zach had some soccer balls and Ross and I decided to play keep away. It started first with Jackson and he was getting so frustrated until Nate joined in. Then it became a game to them too. Zach wanted to get in the game so he brought his soccer ball over so we could keep it away from him. Kind of backwards but I am not one to argue with that one. Nona even tried to get in on it, key word tried. She wasn't quite able to get it either :)

Grandma also pulled out her bubble sets and I think the adults had more fun with it than the little kids. We used most of the bubble juice in each container and then the kids tried and it didn't work so well, they weren't able to get the juice on the blower.


All in all it was a fun and productive day and my grandma was very grateful for the help, there is no way she would have been able to get the flowers planted herself. I think it was a better Mother's Day present than buying her something she doesn't need.
2 comments:
any chance I can get the pictures from you? I would have loved to have a camera but, well, ...
That looks like it was a lot of fun!!! And you didn't post any pictures of your "first sunburn" don't you remember being fried in college? Just thought I would remind you!!! very fun, since you are a professional planter want to come and help me pick out my flowers?
Post a Comment