The cool thing with the vampire tour was it wasn't hokey and cheesy but he had facts and history of New Orleans that lead to the belief in vampires. He told a story of when disease hit the city and the people with yellow fever would turn yellow, their gums would recede causing their teeth to look pointy and how they looked and sounded dead but weren't always dead, so after being put in the crypts they would claw their way out and return home. He told a story of a man named Jacques who would take women home with him and they would disappear, one happened to get away and the story she told the cops was so out there no one would believe her, but it was still put in the police report. One story was of these two men who had the 2nd floor of this building and this 12 year old girl came running out of the house covered in blood, her wrists partially cut and was telling the cops that she was held hostage and these guys would slowly drain her blood into a cup and drink it or drink right from her wrists, when the cops went to this apartment they found 4 or 5 bodies around the room, drained of blood and the culprits had just jumped out of the window. The mysterious part of the story was that these same guys were accused of doing the same thing 40 or 50 years later and they hadn't aged. Its kind of hard to explain but they used real stories and real history and they took you around to these locations, so you are standing on the doorstep or across the narrow street from these locations. It was really interesting and kind of cool to get some of the history of the city like that.
On Sunday we got together with Grant and Leah and got craw fish, shrimp and crabs. I had never had craw fish before and was interested in trying it, however skeptical I was. (I am not a fan of seafood) I did try everything and wasn't so fond of the shrimp but I really liked the craw fish and the crabs. They got whole crabs and I learned how to break them open and get the meat out. The craw fish was another story. There was a technique to get the tail off. I have a video of Grant showing how to eat the craw fish.
I can't quite eat it like him, I can't bring myself to suck the juices out of the body cause I know other stuff will come with it, I will however, suck the juice and meat out of the claws. I can't quite get the meat out of the tail that way either, I have to crack the scale things and peel those and the legs off before I can eat the meat, but it was really good. I will def eat that again.

No comments:
Post a Comment