Friday, April 17, 2009

Gotta Love April

The weather lately has been sporatic. It will be warm for a day or two, I have even been wearing shorts and flip flops. Then it would rain and be very cold. On Wed it was raining again and half way through the day the heavy rain turned to snow. Within a couple of hours we had like 2 inches of snow. Then it stopped and seemed to be melting. Then, yesterday morning I woke up to at least a foot of snow on my car. I was going to get pictures but forgot. It took at least 10 min to dig my car out, there was so much snow. By 4:30 in the afternoon much of the snow was gone. The bad part of the weather was that cause of the warm weather most of the trees were in bloom and then when it snowed the blossoms caught and held the snow so the trees were covered in snow, which was gorgeous, but the trees weren't used to that much weight and trees were falling down and branches broke off. The complex next to ours had a couple of large purple plum trees and one of them had broken off at the trunk and the other had many large branches broken off. Half my parent's purple plum broke off under the weight. We have gotten snow this late but never this much. I am so ready for summer and warm weather. I think someone forgot to tell the weather its the middle of April.

No comments: