I used to look forward to my doctor appointments. It was neat to see how the baby was progressing, to get a clean bill of health and to get my Kara chocolates. I liked them up until yesterday. My due date is next week, one week exactly from yesterday. I was talking with Ross about the things I am excited for after the baby is born: I can wear my chacos, I can roll over in bed without a lot pain, I can feel the skin on my stomach again, I can walk without a lot of pain, I can get a little break from work. I am excited to see what my little guy looks like but the physical sometimes outweighs that part. I was in a good mood going in to my appointment, the baby's heart rate was good and the nurses were doing a dilation dance for me to help me start in the dilating process to get the show in the road. Then the doctor came in and burst my good mood. Yeah, the baby is healthy so far and he is looking good. Then he added another pound to what he is predicting the baby will weigh, now he is guessing he will be a 10 pounder. I could handle that. I mean, other's have had bigger babies and they are still alive and walking. Then he dropped a bigger bomb. He told me that I am not dilated at all, which is a little bummer, but then he told me the baby hasn't even dropped yet. I didn't think too much about it until he explained that the baby should have dropped a week or two ago so this is a cause for a little concern. The baby is actually sitting much higher than he should. Then he grabbed the baby's head through my stomach and was moving it to show how high he was and that he was still not engaged. He went on to explain that at this rate there is a good possibility that I will be pregnant another two weeks, at the least, and that if he doesn't drop then we will have to do a c-section. This is one of the last things I have wanted. I have heard how painful they can be and how they can take a while to heal, etc, etc. I do trust my doctor but am still not interested in a c-section. So we are praying that he will drop and make his appearance on his own. Also, the longer we wait for him to drop the bigger he will get causing a c-section inevitable.
On the flip side, I guess it gives us more time to get everything really ready for him to get here. More time to be care free and not have the extra responsibility.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment