Now, before I start this I want to point out that
At my last doctors appointment it hit me that I am really having a baby. Yes, I know I am pregnant. I look pregnant and I feel pregnant and with how much this baby moves these days there is no way I could be misdiagnosed, unless I have a very large and active tape worm in my abdomen. At the last appointment Ross was asking about the labor and deliver and stirrups and why they hold the legs and it really got me to thinking, one day this baby is going to have to come out of me one way or another. That has always been there in the back of my mind, but not something I really thought about or considered. I think thats due to the fact that it has seemed to be a long 7 months and with only 10 weeks or about 2 months left time now seems to be speeding up. And with the busy summer ahead of us I fear it will only go faster. (I tried to keep it a relaxed summer but things kept getting planned and then all the stuff that has to be done before the baby gets here) I feel like I am on the boat in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that goes faster and faster down the river of chocolate. (Some of it could also be due the little bit of caffeine I have had today.) Now, I know the logistics of how a baby is born and how that whole thing works, but I am not sure I am up for that or want to be up for that. I was talking to a lady at church yesterday and she was telling me how fast the last bit will come and its too late for buyers remorse. I am excited to have the baby, and not be pregnant any more, but then I think about how the baby will come out and all that involves and I think I can wait a little bit.
On a brighter side its becoming more and more fun to feel the baby move, for the most part. He is very active when I am at work or laying on my side and I can now kind of push him around. He likes to stick something hard out and I can push on it and feel him move and poke out the other side of my stomach. Its kind of like playing Whack a Mole. One thing I will not miss is using a toilette stall. The ones at church are the worst because they are so small and with my stomach I have to straddle the toilette to be able to close and open the stall door. The ones at work are longer but a little narrow so I have to back up like a Mack truck. I always have the beeping going on in my head as I am attempting to get into place so I can sit and not miss the seat. I have realized so many joys of being pregnant.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment