Saturday, March 13, 2010

Venice



No, sadly we haven't been to Italy or California lately, though either place would be nice right about now. We just got a new puppy. We hadn't planned on but what is done is done. We had planned to take Sasha to the adoptions at Pet Smart, to A) give her more socialization with other dogs or B) get her adopted. Well, neither of those happened. What did happen is the trainer that does Havoc's puppy classes and who we were fostering Sasha for said she would find another home to foster Sasha cause Ross and I fell in love with a chocolate lab puppy. Well, I guess he is part lab and part pointer. The big part is that he is chocolate. I have loved chocolate labs for like forever and since we couldn't keep Sasha Ross and I have been talking about getting a lab and I wanted chocolate and Ross wanted black. I was going to go with the black though, until Ross saw this little guy. He is 3 months old and he was so quiet and mellow and we thought that's what we needed, and he didn't have Havoc. So, we brought him home and he is now ours. However, once we get him home he starts barking, ugh. But we are going to break that and we are trying to crate train him for sleeping in. We will see how that goes. On the bright side he has had all his shots, is potty trained and has been neutered so we don't have to worry about that, just the obedience.

Havoc on the other hand has taken on a new role. He is the typical big brother. When Venice is barking or whining he will run to check on him and try to put him in his place. If Venice has a toy or raw hide, whether Havoc needs it or not, he will take it from him and put it where he can't get it. We put the gate in the kitchen so Havoc can crawl underneath and Venice can't get over it and when Venice tries to crawl under it Havoc will sit at the gate and nip at his feet and nose until he stops trying. When Venice is chewing on a raw hide Havoc will sit patiently until he can grab it out of Venice's mouth then will dart under the gate and add it to his pile. Its actually quite humorous to watch. He is adjusting relatively well, just being the "big" brother.

3 comments:

BreAnn said...

You're just going to have a title? Yeah, we need more than just a title.

BreAnn said...

Poor picked on Venice :( I know what it's like to be the picked on younger sibling.

April said...

How funny is that:) I'm glad that they are adjusting well to each other:) I still think you're crazy but hey it make you happy!!!