Friday, January 15, 2010

Slacker

I have been trying to update my blog and put in my Christmas vacation adventures but have been slacking big time. This weekend is going to be a lazy stay at home weekend cause Havoc was neutered and we need to keep him from making his incision worse for the next couple of days, so hopefully I can find some time to import some pictures and do my vacation blog. But this morning I took puppy in for his snipping and I picked him up about 2 today. He is doing pretty good now that we got more pain pills in him. Around 5 today he was shaking and whimpering in pain, not to mention the trauma that comes from wearing the lamp shade. I felt so bad and helpless cause he was hurting and I couldn't do anything for him until the pain pill kicked in. Once the pill hit he knocked out and slept in my arms for a little bit. Now he is bored and running around, knocking into everything with his lamp shade. He is learning that he can't chew in his rawhide because he can't get his feet up to his mouth to hold it. The hardest part is keeping him from jumping on and off the bed (his latest trick he learned) and tearing open his incision. Not that many of you care but that is what I am dealing with this weekend.

The incision picture doesn't do justice, its pretty gnarly.

No comments: