I showed you my living room on my last post and now I will show you my family room. I think this is one of my favorite rooms in the house. I love the color on the walls and the way the white of the fireplace and crown molding sets it off. This is the color we were going for with the living room, however I like the color for the living room as well. The walls in this room weren't as disgusting as the walls upstairs, thank heavens, but the carpet was nasty. In the pictures you can even see where all the furniture was in the room, its the clean part of the carpet. I just wish the pictures did justice of the grossness of the carpet, especially on the stairs. The stairs were so gnarly that if they weren't stapled down I am sure the carpet would have been able to walk away on its own. However, on the bright spot, knowing the carpet was going to be replaced made painting a whole lot easier, especially since a big cup of paint was spilled in the middle of the hall. Hopefully this week we will have the kitchen finished, or as finished as it will be for a while, eventually it will need some new cabinets. The ones in there are very outdated, not very functional and they waste about 6 inches all around the top and one day we will re tile it. But for now, paint and some spackle will suffice.




We haven't gotten our TV or all of our furniture set up yet but the painting is done, except for the laundry room. The white wall just past the doorway you can see will eventually be brown but at this point we are a little burned out on major painting jobs so hopefully we will get it done after taking a bit of a break.

No comments:
Post a Comment