Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Puppy Woes or He is Part Demon

I am beginning to think my puppy has multiple personalities. There is the mellow sweet puppy who likes to cuddle and follows me around and just likes to be with us, then there is the other one. The other one is a spaz who can not be calmed down and wants to bite anything within his reach. With the demon puppy he has learned how much fun it can be for him to run away from me, whenever I get near him to grab him he takes off and for a little thing he is fast. His favorite game when he is being the demon and I take him potty he avoids the potty area and while sniffing around he keeps an eye on me so when I get near him to put him back in the potty area he takes off and runs circles around me, literally. I took him out at 10:30 last night and for 5 min he ran circles around me in the garage. He was running so fast that he was sliding all over the place and into the stairs. When he gets in the demon mode there is no working with him and he has ADHD and goes from one thing to the next at the drop of a hat. The little guy has a lot of energy. But on the flip side when he is the sweet one he likes to spend time with us and play with us in a civil manner and he doesn't try to eat me. He is much easier to work with in the potty training area when he is the sweet one too, which I really like. I am not as frustrated as I was before with his potty training because he now goes in the potty area when he goes out, most of the time. I think that's because its cold and he, like me, is a sissy with the cold. I am just hoping the demon side is the puppy in him, he is still really young, and that he will grow out of it and I have high hopes on him being potty trained soon. He knows to go outside but doesn't notify us when he has to go, he will just go. Regardless he is fun and has a ton of personality. He is fun to take on walks, regardless of how much energy he has he sticks right with us, we don't need a leash, he walks right next to us and doesn't like to get to far ahead or behind. I just wish he would get the whole peeing outside aspect and stop eating my hair.

1 comment:

BreAnn said...

Ha ha, when he's old you'll be wishing he would just eat your hair! :)