Monday, October 26, 2009

Big Weekend!!

Its been a big but exciting weekend for us. Knowing we are getting a house and hoping we were getting close I have been checking ksl.com everyday for a Maltese poodle puppy, I have wanted a puppy for a while and decided that's the kind I wanted. On Thursday I came across an ad for some little while Maltese poodles. I immediately sent the link to Ross and asked him to call on them after work, I didn't want to wait longer. These kinds of puppies sell really fast and this was such a good price. The lady said she would hold the puppies until we could get up there on Saturday, she wouldn't let anyone else look at them so we could have them all to pick from. I woke up really early on Saturday morning, it felt like Christmas, I was so excited but had to wait for 8:30 to come around so we could go. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get there and it went by pretty fast. The lady that had the puppies was kind of crazy and then when we got into Downy Idaho our concerns grew. It was one of those small deserted looking towns like you see in the horror movies. We wondered if she actually had puppies or used it as a ruse to lure people there to kill them. It was creepy down to the leaves blowing in the wind across the deserted roads. When we found the address it was at a dead end with random signs across the fence telling us to keep out, Maltese sold here, no trespassing, puppies for sale. We weren't sure if we should stay away or come get a puppy. We decided to take our chances and get a puppy. It was well worth it. When the lady finally answered the door and we went in and saw them, well, it was love at first sight, there is no way I was going anywhere without one of those puppies. After picking out the puppies, I got to choose mine first and then Bre decided to get his brother, which makes for some interesting times. Then it was time to start home. Man, that was the longest drive ever. Traffic wasn't so good once we got into Ogden and I think it took 2 hours to get just from Ogden to Orem and it didn't help that the puppies were getting ancy. We finally got them to Bre's, where our puppy is staying until we move in to our house. They got to run and eat and boy were they full of energy and they play/fight like true boys and brothers.

Friday when we had decided we would go to Idaho I was afraid getting the puppy would jinx the house, I was afraid we would get a call on the way home from Idaho with the puppy and they would tell us something happened and we can't get the house. I was going to get the puppy anyways, I couldn't not do things cause of a silly fear. Well, on the way home from Idaho I got a call from our mortgage guy and had a slight panic attack. He was calling to let us know that closing would be Monday and make sure that was ok with us. What a relief. Here are a couple pictures of the puppy. We named him Havoc and he really lives up to his name, he is kind of a holy terror, especially with his brother and my sister's chihuahua. But I think we will keep him.

We signed the papers on our house on Monday, so its official, we are home owners. It hasn't been all that great so far, rather overwhelming actually. Luckily the old home owners got all the garbage and crap out and the rooms aren't that bad, just need a good vacuum and carpet cleaning. But the kitchens and bathrooms are pretty disgusting. It will just take a little bit of time, some hard work and our stuff to make it ours. I think right now it just doesn't feel like home cause its still someone elses house with their bloody boogers on the walls. We are hoping to get the new floors in this week but with Halloween it makes it kind of hard. We haven't taken any pictures yet so there aren't any to post just yet but will follow up with some pictures when we get some.

2 comments:

BreAnn said...

Yay for puppies and yay for new houses!

April said...

Make sure you take before pictures:) Congrats on the puppy!!!